Class teacher Vacancy- Maternity Cover. To start September 2018
Main Pay Scale M1-M4
The Headteacher is looking to recruit a class teacher to work alongside our current team in Key Stage 2. They will deliver high quality lessons that meet the educational needs of the children, ensuring outstanding learning and teaching and progress. The successful applicant will identify clear teaching objectives and learning outcomes, with appropriate challenge and high expectations. They will be able to use a range of assessment strategies to ensure children are provided with the correct opportunities to progress. This will include setting tasks which are challenging to children and maintaining high levels of engagement to ensure outstanding learning and teaching. The successful applicant will do this through inspirational delivery and ensuring learning is fun and accessible for all. The successful applicant will be able to communicate and present effectively and will always be challenging, developing and innovating.
We can offer
- A warm, friendly and supportive school ethos.
- A successful school with a great learning environment.
- Fantastic children who have high aspirations for their achievement.
- A great staff team who are welcoming, committed and energetic.
- A strong belief in the development of the whole child through a broad and balanced curriculum.
- Strong relationships with staff, parents and governors.
- A commitment to your on-going professional development through our tailored CPD programme.
The successful candidate must
- Have highly effective classroom practice that will inspire our children and ignite within them a passion for learning.
- Be both aspirational and nurturing to ensure every child achieves his/her full potential.
- Be responsible for the planning, delivery and tracking of learning.
- Be able to provide creative input into our curriculum, demonstrating a deep understanding of how children learn.
- Be able to create an exciting and stimulating learning environment
- Continue our recent work on developing independent learners through our teaching and learning project based upon our Christian Values- please look at our school website to see what these are
SUITABLE FOR NQTS
Safeguarding children is a key priority at Tutshill C of E Primary School. We:
- ensure adults who come into contact with children have enhanced cleared from the Disclosure & Barring Service (which has replaced Criminal Records Bureau);
- communicate child protection procedures to all staff, parents and visitors. We would ask that should you hear, see or read anything which troubles you about a child, do not ignore it, but report your concerns to the Designated Safeguarding Lead: Miss J Lane
For further information on safeguarding, contact the Gloucestershire Safeguarding Children’s Board: www.gscb.org.uk. Tel: 01452 583638.