School Development Plan
The Year ahead for Tutshill C of E School
What we’ve done well…
At the end of every academic year, the school’s data is looked at and analysed by the Headteacher. Successes are identified and celebrated amongst the pupils, staff and governors. Currently data is submitted for children in Early Years Foundation Stage, Year 1 Phonics Screening, Key Stage One (Year 2) and Key Stage 2 (Year 6).
This year we performed very well across the school! It is clear to see that we are at least in line and more often than not, we are above the national pass rates. Should you want to look at pupil outcomes for 2017-18, please click on the following link:
In addition, we had a highly successful Ofsted inspection in June. The school was praised for its supporting of children’s needs, that pupil outcomes remain high and that lessons are inspiring! It was confirmed that safeguarding at Tutshill C of E School is effective.
Please find the report here: https://www.tutshillcofeschool.co.uk/website/ofsted/359570
What we will continue to work on…
At Tutshill School, we strive for continued improvement! The end of year data is rigorously scrutinised and interrogated and trends, where possible, identified. Having completed the data analysis for last year, the school will continue to pay particular focus to:
- ensuring any gaps of attainment between specific groups of children are closed
- ensuring that the highest possible rates of achievement are obtained through the best quality teaching and positive learning experience for the children
- all children are continuing to making good progress across a range of subject areas
- that all children attend school regularly to ensure the best outcomes for your children
- ensure the school website is up to date and informs parents of all we offer at school.
The school will ensure these are achieved by:
- Teachers employing a range of teaching strategies to ensure that all children are engaged in lessons. Children will be encouraged to learning in a practical manner and to unitise the iPads the school has purchased.
- Children’s books will be looked at and individual progress monitored as well as comparing work-book content with other children in the class.
- Ensuring that if your child/ren is in receipt of pupil premium funding, your child/ren will be provided with focused weekly feedback from their teacher to ensure they understand what they can do to improve their work, as well as what further education support they require.
- Ensuring that the different teaching needs of boys and girls are recognised and individual targets are set that identify the need for different approaches to teaching that are required.
- Teachers ensuring that they provide an education programme that will allow children to develop skills and knowledge that will support them, where appropriate, to work at a greater depth.
- Ensuring your child will meet the targets within their ability and are able to demonstrate quantifiable progress as shown on the school’s academic data tracker.
- Appointing an Attendance officer to support all children in attending regularly and signposting support for families should they need it
- Regular audits of the schools website conducted by the Governing Body.