Could Your Child Benefit from Pupil Premium Funding?
Tutshill C of E Primary School can receive additional funding for any child receiving Free School Meals. This is separate from the Universal Free School Meals which are given to all pupils in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2. The Pupil Premium funding is allocated solely to the registered, eligible pupils and is used to enhance provision and improve progress and outcomes for those children. For example, at Tutshill School we spend the Pupil Premium funding on:
- 1:1 support teaching;
- Class supported teaching;
- Group work;
- Pastoral activities;
- Purchased resources for mathematical development and emotional resilience;
- Enrichment activities
In order to support the eligible children’s learning and personal development.
Additionally, registering for Free School Meals also entitles your child to:
- Free musical tuition;
- Free school trips; and
- A school uniform bursary.
Your child might be able to get free school meals if you get any of the following:
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit - your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
Children who get paid these benefits directly, instead of through a parent or guardian, can also get free school meals.
For more information and to make an application visit https://www.gloucestershire.gov.uk/education-and-learning/school-transport-and-free-school-meals/apply-for-free-school-meals/