Qualified Teaching Assistant
1:1 for a child with an EHCP
13.5 hours per week at Grade 5 (£24,054 - £25,409 FTE) pro rata (pay award pending)
We are looking for an enthusiastic and passionate member to join our school. We seek to appoint someone who has experience of teaching children and understands how to implement a range of teaching strategies to ensure access to the curriculum and progress.
The successful candidate will:
- Be able to work with the recommendations of the child’s EHCP and under the guidance of the class teacher and SENCO.
- Be willing and able to work as part of a team and show excellent interpersonal skills, a sense of humour and flexibility.
- Liaise with the parents/carers of the child.
- Be able to attend review meetings for the child.
- Attend planning meetings for the child.
- Be committed to high standards of behaviour and achievement.
- Have a good standard of English and Maths to GCSE level or equivalent
- Work alongside outside agencies to implement specialist strategies to support the child.
We will be able to offer support and training to the successful candidate to allow candidate to fulfil the role.
Level 3 Qualification Experience of SEN provisions and EHCP
We can offer:
- A supportive and inspiring staff team.
- A range of CPD opportunities
- Motivated and engaged pupils.
Staff can access a range of additional benefits through our staff insurance package such as:
- Virtual GP
- Wellbeing support
- Counselling and mindfulness
- Staff wellbeing clinics
- Menopause Support
- Private medical operations
*All subject to terms and conditions
This temporary post and funding is linked to the pupil. The post would cease if the pupil left or funding was withdrawn.
Hours: 13.5 hours academic support at Grade 5
Term time only
Closing date: Sunday 10 December 2023
Start date: ASAP
To apply, please find the Job Description, Person Specification and Application Form below. Please state 'TA 1:1 EHCP Application' in the subject line of your email when submitting your completed application. If you have any queries, please contact Mrs Cross, School Office Manager by email on email@example.com .